Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Why?

Why is it when we break up with a significant other, we feel the need to treat them like the dirt under our shoes?!  Recently I've had to deal with a friend going through a traumatic event and it hurt my close friends dearly, but this friend would not have done what she did if it wasn't for the fact that her ex kept trying to contact her and kept pushing and smothering her and she didn't know how to get out of it... I don't get how or why we do that to others... It really boggles my mind.  Are we really that emotionally withdrawn as a species that we have to make our "ex" significant others feel completely horrible in order to make ourselves feel better?!

Also, I'm helping a friend with his recent break up with his fiancée and she feels that it's necessary to go out and sleep with everyone she can, just because she thinks it will get to him... Sad thing is, is that it is getting to him because he has a very kind heart and feels that if he ignores her hes the one being a dick, when in fact he's just protecting himself.  I don't know, I know that is what I had to do when I broke up with my ex that I had been with for 2 years and out of nowhere he just breaks up with me... but that's a story for another day.. My point is, if you have recently broken up with someone and it was a very harsh break-up, quit talking to them.. By continuing to talk to them, you are just opening the wound up again and again... It's going to be hard but that's something you have to do for you.. and if you think that it's going to hurt them if you don't talk to them, think about the pain that they have caused you.

Basically, I'm going to end my rant here because it's going off in a completely different direction than I had planned...

Loves <3

No comments:

Post a Comment